NDTonAIR & SAFE-FLY @ TRA2020
NDTonAIR and SAFE-FLY MSCA ITNs organized the TRA2020 (Transport Research Arena) invited session:
“Air transport safety: the role of structural health monitoring and nondestructive testing”
Due to the Covid-2019 pandemic, the TRA2020, scheduled on 27-30 April 2020, was cancelled but a selection of sessions has been held online among which the NDTonAIR & SAFE-FLY one.
The webinar took place on June 10th, 2020 14:30 (CEST) and was conducted in English.
The schedule of the session is reported below, together with the links at which you can download the pdf version of the presentations.
It is also embedded the registered video of the session
- 14:30 opening and presentation Prof. Dimitrios Chronopoulos, the University of Nottingham, and Prof. Marco Ricci, the University of Calabria
- 14:40 Dr. Essa Yasser, Senior R&T Engineer – Aernnova Engineering Division “Global perspective about the SHM in commercial airplanes, the experience of Aernnova in Clean Sky 2“.
- 15:10 Miss Bengisu Yilmaz, Kaunas University of Technology & NDTonAIR MSCA fellow: “Rethinking joints: Evaluation of adhesive bonding quality with advanced nondestructive testing techniques“.
- 15:25 Mr. Udit Pillai, the University of Nottingham & SAFE-FLY MSCA fellow: “Overview and results of the SAFE-FLY project“.
- 15:40 Dr. Hamed Malekmohammadi, the University of Perugia & NDTonAIR MSCA fellow: “Thermography inspection of composites for aircraft industry: the results of NDTonAIR project“.
- 15:55 Dr. Muhammad Khalid Rizwan, the University of Perugia & NDTonAIR MSCA fellow: “Ultrasonic inspection of high attenuating materials for transport industry“.
- 16:10 session closure